Written by toomaime
Last Updated 🗓 9 months ago
If you want to improve your google search results creating a good FAQ site can be very helpful. In the following, we take a look at some suggestions and articles on how to create a good FAQ site and we provide some helpful tips you should consider when you set up your own help center.
Creating a good FAQ site can be very helpful especially when it comes to SEO. It can help a lot to use your FAQ to target Long-tail keyword search queries. Using keyword research, targeted ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ topics can help put you in the top of the search results for the questions that your customers are looking for answers to. It is very simple: If Google knows that the easiest answer to a specific question is published on the FAQ section of your website, it will show your website to the person asking the question. Here are three aspects of Evan Bailyn's article Why a FAQ Might Be The Best SEO Strategy You’re Not Doing you should consider if you really want Google to like your FAQ content.
1. Each question and answer must be on its own, unique page.
Start your FAQ site by listing all your questions on a single page and add the first few lines of the answer followed by a "Read More" - then give every answer a unique page. Also add the exact question as the meta title tag.
2. It must be thoughtful, original, and well-written.
Use charts, graphs, tables, illustrations, infographics for your answers. Google has started to incorporate engagement metrics into its algorithm and rewards pages that people spend more time on. So try to put graphics, illustrations, charts, graphs, infographics etc. to engage people.
3. It must focus precisely on the answer to the question asked — no more and no less information than that.
To get the most out of this hack, make sure that the FAQ page has a clear call to action to sign up for your product or service, as well as a custom domain that doesn’t rob you of indexed pages and content.
- List out all the major questions you receive every day.
- Add social buttons to share your FAQ easily
- Leave room for feedback - can be email address, a contact us or a chat feature
- Include links to main pages if they’re relevant.
- Keep your FAQ page current; update it frequently.
- Order FAQs from most important to least.
- Include calls to action — contact us/request info.